Front Office Manager
Hilton Stockholm Slussen has 289 rooms, 15 meeting rooms and an auditorium that can hold up to 300 people. Further the hotel offers the Eken Bar and Dining Room, a popular meeting place for both hotel guests and locals, Panorama Restaurant and an Executive Lounge.
A Front Office Manager supervises the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
What will I be doing?
As Front Office Manager, you will oversee the Front Office Team which is the main connection between the Guest, the hotel, and the various hotel departments. A Front Office Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
- Evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognized and that the Front Office department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand’s loyalty scheme
- Maximize room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
– Set departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
- Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
- Conduct monthly communication meetings and produce minutes
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Front Office team
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective cost controls and well managed schedules
- Assist with other departments, as necessary
What are we looking for?
Front Office Managers serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- A minimum of 2 years of Front Office supervisory experience in the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector
- High level of IT proficiency
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities
- Experience of managing people and developing people
- Previous experience of managing a department and Profit and Loss account
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Familiar with Property Management Systems
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!