Business Data Analyst
Do you follow the principle that a challenge is nothing else than an opportunity?
We at Best Western Scandinavia are taking the next step in transforming our business and in becoming a data driven hotel company. To achieve this, we are creating the new position of a Business Data Analyst. Do you have an intrinsic sense of Business Development? Do you enjoy creating analysis and tools from scratch and do you read Excel for breakfast?
If you have what it takes – look no further and apply to become Best Western Scandinavia’s first Business Data Analyst.
Same different everywhere!
Best Western Scandinavia is a hotel chain that is everything but a chain. We understand the value of being odd and different and provide our member hotels a platform to compete with the big hotel chains. Therefore, our position is always the Anti-Chain Chain.
Best Western Scandinavia offers the best of many worlds. In your role you will set up the Business and Data Analytics area from scratch in close collaboration with all commercial departments, member hotels and using the expertise and network of one of the world’s largest hotel chains with more than 4000 hotels in over 100 countries.
As Business Data Analyst you are part of the Distribution and Revenue Management Team based in Stockholm. As this is a new position you need to roll up your sleeves and get hands-on! Pro-activity and curiosity are vital to succeed. Your responsibility is to develop the role of Business Data Analyst and the area of Business Intelligence (BI) within Best Western Scandinavia. Drive processes through tool development and analytics with the aim of bringing Best Western Scandinavia to the next level and ready to take on future business demands.
Some of your future responsibilities in this role are:
- Extraction of data from BW systems
- Tool development (month-end analysis, dashboards, pace, forecast, …)
- Responsible for day-to-day data handling and maintenance
- Translate business requests from stakeholders into analytical questions and requirements for development of current or new analytical tools
Your experience and qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience from an analytical role involving data handling
- Highly numerate with very advanced Excel and VBA skills
- SQL/MySQL or any other database language
- Programming skills, preferably Python or similar
- Understanding of data ecosystems and BI/analytics platforms with 1-2 years of experience in that area (Cognos, Tableau, …)
- Ability to demonstrate the understanding of core Revenue Management concepts is a plus
As a person you have a passion for analytics and you are keen on developing and sharing ideas. You enjoy working as part of a dynamic team who not only strives to succeed but also has fun at work. Through self-motivation, determination and enthusiasm you will have a chance to directly influence your own work and development. You enjoy a fast-paced environment and embrace opportunities actively.
Valid work permit for Sweden is a requirement.
A Scandinavian language is a huge plus, but no requirement.
Contact details and next steps:
If you have any questions, please contact Monika Moser (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your CV and cover letter to Monika Moser, email@example.com. Application deadline is January 27th, 2019.
Suitable candidates will be called forward for interviews throughout the entire recruitment process.