Events Production Manager
Alma is a members’ club and private workspace opened in Stockholm in 2017 with a growing number of locations opening around the world. Founded to provide intellectual and social nourishment to
our members, Alma offers a place to work, meet, dine and socialize, and provide access to reciprocal
member clubs around the world. www.thisisalma.com
Alma programming and events
Alma’s robust social program with events and happenings, is one of the corner stones of what makes Alma different and appealing to our members. The Alma program aim to inspire, provoke, educate and delight. Alma is expanding the events offering to companies and organization and we are now looking for a seasoned Events Production Manager to produce events at Alma.
The Events Production Manager oversees the development, administration and production of all aspects of events (including weekend events) at Alma including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling event activities. The position is to oversee events, handle and delegate set-up and breakdown of function rooms and take care of the customer in a timely, courteous, efficient and customized manner. All functions are carried out to maintain an environment of teamwork. The person we are seeking is a self-starting, superbly organized person who loves to solve problems and produce successful and memorable events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Events Production Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
– Work with team to create and develop programming ideas
– Work to assist in the sales of external events
– Create and oversee budget, work with sponsors, clients and partners, create report, communicate learnings, post-mortems
– Own the schedule and availability for various rooms and locations and work with team to make sure quality of the program and that it is diverse, interesting and consistent with the Alma brand.
– Make sure invites, press release etc are created and sent
– Work to create assets for the event – like books, pamphlets etc
– Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
– Develop forms, processes and records to document events and program activities
– In consultation with the team, recruit, interview and select well-qualified staff, freelancers and vendors
– Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
– Supervise events production staff, freelancers and vendors by providing direction, input and feedback
– Communicate with clients and other stakeholders
– Monitor and approve all budgeted events expenditures
– Act as the contact person for external customers and vendors
– Act in a timely manner through whatever systems are currently used
– Hold pre-shift meetings and reviewing service standards
– Coordinate with kitchen and bar staff
– Oversee the bussing and setting of tables, as needed
– Oversee buffet set up (if necessary) and breakdown
– Supervise banquet functions to ensure they run smoothly and efficiently
– Complete requisition for additional supplies needed and submit for ordering
– Inspect the scheduled function area/room for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/ equipment set up. Rectify any deficiencies with respective departments
– Inspect employee grooming and uniforms rectify any deficiencies
– Check buffet tables/receptions/coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, and layout.
– Ensure agreement with banquet event order and departmental standards and resolve any problems
– Ensure replenishment of items as specified on banquet event orders and requested by function contact
– Total all outstanding charges for the function, prepare check and present to function contact for payment adhering to all cashiering procedures/policies
– Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out
– Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale
– Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards
– Learn the names and personally recognize our regular customers and customers.
– Anticipate customers’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all customers, however busy and whatever time of day
– Monitor and handle customer complaints and ensure customer satisfaction
– Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– 3-5 years of events production experience
– Extensive knowledge of event production processes and technologies
– Outstanding administration, project management and budget keeping skills
– Excellent communication and presentation skills in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and employees.
– An intellectual curiosity to identify, understand and solve complex problems
– Excellent spoken and written English
– Progressive and adaptable to change
– Knowledge of and interest in food, wine and culture/films a plus
– Proficiency in the use of computers for:
– Word processing
– Simple accounting
The Events Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
– Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
– Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
– Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
– Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
-Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of members and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
– Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
– Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization. Lead by example and help team succeed.
– Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
– Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
– Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actionsplans, and evaluate the process and results.
– Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
The Events Production Manager work a standard work week but will be required to work evenings and weekends to monitor program activities.
Alma is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Please note: we reserve the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.
Interested candidates should send an email to email@example.com with “Events Production Manager” in the subject line and include any relevant information about experience and qualifications.