Events Sales Manager
EVENTS SALES MANAGER – THE OVERVIEW
Our Events Sales Manager will be an exceptional and passionate sales professional who is organised, has a hunger to drive the local sales activities to identify, pursue and win new direct events business. You will be raising the profile of the brand and the hostels within our fast and evolving growing group You will be responsible for developing and managing business opportunities from your local/national market through direct sales activity and brand awareness.
Who are we?
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Events Sales Manager for Generator Stockholm.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
BEING YOURSELF is the key to bringing the Generator story and brand to life.
What’s the job?
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
- Identify new business opportunities and engage with potential customers for new business focusing on direct business for meetings & events
- On average 70% of the workweek should be spent on attracting new business and 30% on the organization of enquiries
- Gather market and client information, providing feedback on buying trends
- Activate appropriate sales strategies for the property during need periods, i.e. telesales, agent promotions, tactical projects, trade shows
- Facilitate full rate quotation on enquiries and contracting for local accounts
- Represent the Hostel(s) at local trade exhibitions and local events if requested
- Act as liaison between the hostel team and global sales team at head office
- Prioritise all sales leads generated from and for the property
- Develop account action plans and long range planning schedules
- Enthusiastically build long term client relationships
- Actively contribute to the commercial business opportunities for the property
- Ensure sales targets are achieved for meetings & events in Stockholm
- Report on call activity on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Report on client production and account management statistics
- Increase local awareness of the property and the Generator network
- Respond to and process all meeting & events inquiries
- Ensure that all the administrative documents are prepared and maintained for the hostel team and client
(from proposal to billing/after sales)
- Compose, publish and distribute function sheets to all department heads
- Act as liaison between all related hostel departments for your meetings & events to ensure complete guest and customer satisfaction
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department and Generator Stockholm
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
- Be an extremely pro-active, self-motivating, highly organised individual who shows initiatives and is not afraid to approach people and to share ideas
- Have the ability to build fantastic relationships
- Have passion for sales and a strong drive to beat targets
- Be tech savvy and be able to work with account management and (events) reservation systems
- Be an excellent administrator and organiser
- Be highly skilled at Word, PowerPoint and Excel from an intermediate to advanced level
- Communicate extremely well
- Be highly flexible, strong in time management and not have a 9-5 mentality
- You currently reside in Stockholm or be able to commute to/from Stockholm
- Based at the hostel and be able to travel within Europe from time to time as required
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
- Have at least 2 – 3 years hospitality experience with proactive sales and meeting & events experience
- Experienced within the Swedish / Scandinavian market
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Social, connected and well informed on the trends and markets within hospitality
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
Our Key Benefits Include:
- Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
- Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to €1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
- Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
- 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
- Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members
- Social events and celebrations calendar
- Various employee recognition schemes
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English, preferably via email. If you’ve got questions call us, or check www.generatorhostels.com or www.facebook.com/GENERATORhostels/ where you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications via email to: Alexander.Bhatt@generatorhostels.com
Join Us and help us achieve our Vision!