Front Office Shift Leader
We need a motivated and passionate Front Office Shift Leader to join our Front Office team. Reporting into the Front Office Manager, the successful candidate will ensure effective and smooth running of the Reception and ensure that all Generator guests receive great care and customer service at all times.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Front Office Shift Leader for Generator Stockholm.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
BEING YOURSELF is the key to bringing the Generator story and brand to life.
ABOUT GENERATOR STOCKHOLM
Generator Stockholm not only highlights the rich cultural history, unique social fabric, and a strong sense of design and patterning, but brings together said creative design with inspired art, great food, drink, and on-trend music and events to create a Stockholm hot spot. Reflecting the city’s vibrant and eclectic culture – you’ll experience all that Stockholm has to offer at its best, all by staying here.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
- To assist the Front Office Manager in the overall operation of the Front Office duties and assume responsibility in their absence
- Supervise accurate and efficient Reception operations including check in/out procedures
- To ensure the standards of work expected are being achieved, thereby maximising sales, revenue and customer satisfaction, measurable by internal and external guest ratings
- Carry out shift handovers and brief team members as required
- Support Team Members in handling Guest requests and enquires to ensure a positive outcome
- To continually monitor staff customer service standards and ensure that staff are providing correct and up to date information to guests and customer service standards are being maintained. Follow up with any staff on any areas that need improving
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general product knowledge necessary to perform their duties
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Front Office Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics to inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards
- Understand travel agency partnerships and other third parties agreements and support the local finance team in managing city ledgers and invoicing
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
- Outgoing, bubbly and have a real passion for your role as Shift Leader
- A positive approach, excellent organisational skills, and a passion for producing high quality customer care
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Swedish proficiency or another Nordic language is mandatory for this role
- You must be eligible to work in the EU to be considered for this role
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
- At least one year’s previous Reception Supervisory experience
- Previous experience in leading and motivating a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
OUR KEY BENEFITS
- Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
- Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to €1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
- Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
- Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
- 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
- Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 15 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
- Social events and celebrations calendar
- Various employee recognition schemes
- Online learning tools
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check www.generatorhostels.com or our social media pages:
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Join Us and help us achieve our Vision!