Distribution Systems Specialist
Hotel Distribution Systems and Technology are no alien words to you?
We at BWH Hotel Group Scandinavia are on a digital journey! As part of this we are looking to strengthen the area of distribution systems and are hiring a Distribution Systems Specialist. Do you know hotel reservations and booking systems, and would you describe yourself as a bit nerdy? Do you like working hands-on and pro-active?
If the answer is Yes – look no further and apply to become BWH’s next Distribution Systems Specialist.
As Distribution System Specialist you are part of the Distribution and Revenue Management Team based in Stockholm, and you report to the Distribution Systems Manager.
As a person you have a passion for all types of systems. You are someone who naturally likes to find solutions to problems and to help people in any way. In your view obstacles are only opportunities in disguise. Goal orientation and a service minded attitude is in your DNA.
You enjoy working as part of a dynamic team which not only strives to succeed but also has fun at work. You are a team player, pro-active and not put off by getting hands-on.
- 1-2 years’ experience in hotel operations / hotel reservations and/or booking systems
- In depth knowledge of at least one of the following PMS systems: Opera or Suite8
- Basic system integration experience
- Hands-on attitude and service-minded personality
- Ninja skills in Office 365
- Communicate fluently in Swedish and English
- Nice to have experience in a helpdesk / customer service environment
A Distribution System Specialist’s To-Do list
- Play a key role during the onboarding process of new BWH franchise properties, and you will own distribution related tasks during the onboarding process of new hotels
- Facilitate and hold trainings and webinars and be the hotel’s go-to person during the first months as a BWH franchise property
- Continually observe day-to-day system status and assure BWH hotels are bookable in all BWH systems and booking channels (OTA, GDS, Brand Web, Direct Connects)
- Provide day-to-day support to hotels in distribution systems related questions
- Pro-actively engage in and drive distribution and system enhancement projects
- Assists in the development and documentation of standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, training materials, and checklists
BWH Hotel Group Scandinavia – local gems everywhere in Scandinavia
Poppy, punky, rural or traditional – we are the hotel chain that is “Lika olika överallt”. This embodies our entire organization, where we welcome diversity and differences. We are not afraid to stand out – we encourage it.
Through knowledge and commitment, we ensure an experience of high quality. We are professional, with a colourful and personal tone. We believe in teamwork, why we find it important that we work together to challenge the hotel industry. You will be taking part of a unique hotel chain, where we offer more personalized experiences for all our guests in Scandinavia.
BWH Hotel Group is a leading, global hotel chain consisting of two hotel groups, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and World Hotels. BWH Hotel Group serves as the umbrella parent organization for a global network of approximately 4,700 hotels worldwide. In Scandinavia there are 160 hotels spread across more than 100 destinations.
Curious to be part of an exciting future and to contribute to BWH Hotel Group Scandinavia’s digital journey? Do not hesitate to contact Tarek Arafa (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Monika Moser (email@example.com) with your questions.
Valid work permit for Sweden and Swedish language is a requirement.
Send your CV and cover letter to Monika Moser, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates will do a logic and personality test before moving on to 2nd stage with on-site interviews. Candidates will be called forward for interviews throughout the entire recruitment process.